Hi Blake! I flew a long way from North Carolina to get to California. I’m resting here a few days and then I may take a vacation to Mexico. I’m in a town called Manteca, which is east of San Francisco. Manteca is in the Central Valley where lots of the fruits, vegetables and nuts grown in our country come from. Around Manteca they grow lots of almonds, walnuts, olives, peaches, wine grapes, tomatoes and strawberries. It doesn’t rain much here, so the farmers use irrigation. I’m sending two pictures of me today. One sitting on a cactus! Ouch! Those spines are sharp! And one of me near a really nice pond where I met a couple duck relatives of mine. I think I may get to see a vineyard before I leave here!
- There was a big RV show going on in Des Moines this weekend. Whoever got them all driven into this building and lined up perfectly is a genius AND an AMAZING driver!
- This is the closest thing that I could find that is like a farm in the city of Des Moines. It is a giant pig statue. Someone had put a purple skittle in its nostril so it looked like he had a dark booger in his nose. I took it out so that the pig would take a great picture. I think he would be embarrassed to see himself like that.
- I wonder if I am more scared that she’ll eat me or she is more scared to bite into me. These advertisements sure are funny and scary all in one!
- This is a parking garage in downtown Des Moines. When people go to work, there are so many buildings that there is no place to park. So they build these buildings and cars drive up ramps and find a spot. Can you count how many different floors there are for cars to park on? I wonder if I’d forget where I parked my car at the end of my workday and have to walk home.
- This is me inside of a big tall building downtown Des Moines with offices in it. It has all of these different floors with these bridges running from one side of the building to the other to travel on. I wonder if I would get scared at the top.